- Show all categories
- Models & Clones
- A1000 Accelerators
- A1200 Accelerators
- A2000 Accelerators
- A3000 Accelerators
- A4000 Accelerators
- A500 Accelerators
- A600 Accelerators
- Bridgeboards & Emulator Cards
- CD32 Accelerators
- CDTV Accelerators
- Custom Chips
- Digtizers & Framegrabbers
- Flickerfixer & Scandoubler
- Floppy Controller
- Graphics (non RTG) & Video Cards
- Graphics Cards (RTG)
- I/O Karten
- IDE Controller
- ISDN & Modem
- Keyboards & Adapters
- Kickstart Switchers
- MIDI Devices
- Misc ZORRO Cards
- Misc. Hardware
- Network Cards
- RAM Expansions
- SCSI Controller
- Sound Cards
- Tape Drives & Backup
- Time Base Correctors
- Tower Kits
- Zorro Extenders & Busboards
- Mystery Corner
- Browse by Connection
G2 Systems: Broadcast Video Center
Broadcast Video Center
Broadcast Video Center, Back
The Broadcast Video Center is a professional rack-mountable genlock, mixer, keyer and video encoder compatible with most Amiga models. It supports RGB, ycRcB, YC and composite formats. It supports cross-fade, key and fade to black via the sliders on the separate remote control. These functions can also be controlled in software via the Amiga's parallel port. A filtered and buffered component output allows the connection of a monitor or other external device. Both YC inputs and outputs are fitted with DIN multipole connectors for use with S-VHS recorders.
- Cross fade with external background signal.
- Outputs RGBS, Y,Cr,Cb,YC and composite signals depending on mode.
- External circuits and power, takes no current or space from the Amiga.
- Models for PAL and NTSC.
- Software & Remote control for keying, fade to black and cross-fading.
- Key Output for use with a vision mixer.
- External adjustment of key colour sub-carrier and phase.
The Video Center must be provided with a stable accurate reference. Direct videotape signals are not suitable!
From information in the manual there should be 3 or more models available distinguishable from each other by a prefix in the serial number.
* VC3 (K Prefix?) All functions and RMC remote control unit.
* VC3B (B Prefix) R,G,B,sync and key outputs only.
* VC3C (C Prefix) Same as the VC3 without RMC1 remote control unit.
On the mainboard jumpers LK313 and LK314 are used for switching between internal keying (using RMC1) or 'generating Y/CrCb outputs'.
The Video Center can also be used to code the RGB output from a genlocked Harlequin graphics card into Composite, Y/C or Y/CrCb formats using an adapter-cable. A buffered RGB output will also be available. The Video Center can only be used to encode the Harlequin output, it is not possible to obtain a signal mixed or keyed over a background video source using the Video Center internal keyers.
- System: CCIR/PAL. NTSC version optional.
- Keyer: Three channel with background input.
- Operational mode: Y Cr Cb/RGB/YC/Composite.
- Input/Output: BNC except YC mini-Din.
- Input reference: Composite 1v p-p
- Outputs: Composite/YC/YCrCb/RGBS/KEY
- Bandwidth: ? 0.15dB to 5.5 MHz.
- Differential Gain: <0.1%
- Differential Phase: <0.1%
- Chroma/Luma delay: ? 5nS
- Transient response: <0.2% K
- Return loss: Better than 40dB all inputs/outputs
- Horizontal Phase adjustment: ? 4uS
- Sub-carrier Phase adjustment: >360 degrees
- Power: 200/240 VAC 20W, 110VAC optional.
Contributions to this page by:
3641/18%Last update: 2009-01-25 18:37
You can comment on this entry